It took me 10 years to have the courage to leave the safety of a great, well-paying corporate job to start-up Software Optimisation Services (SOS). I'm so glad I took the risk and followed my heart at the worst possible time to focus on our niche with higher purpose and meaning.
I am full of gratitude for where we are today, i.e., a globally-recognised, profitable, award-winning team of experts helping our clients get maximum value from their software investments. We are in service to help make our clients’ lives better. How totally awesome! This work brings our team to life and motivates us to always-be-mastering our expertise and delivering value and savings for our clients.
This journey would not have been possible without our extraordinary team. I am so grateful to collaborate and build this business with such pro’s.
Reflecting on the past seven years, here are some of the highlights:
- The absolute pinnacle is our inclusion in the first-ever Gartner Market Guide for Software Asset Management Managed Service Providers.
- Winning Microsoft Worldwide SAM Partner of the Year 2016 due to our high client satisfaction. Judges said our team ‘set a high standard’ in combining energy, passion and long-term customer value through every Microsoft SAM engagement. We couldn't ask for more positive feedback!
- Encouraging Martin Thompson from ITAM Review to bring their ITAM Annual Conference to Australia in November 2017. This was the first-ever ITAM conference in Australia. Can you believe it?
- We scored another 'first' this year when we earned certification as a Microsoft SAM Managed Service Program partner -- the first in APAC -- joining a select group of global consultancies to achieve this accreditation.
- We found a new home last year when we moved into Flux, a co-working space on St Georges Terrace in Perth. It gives us room to grow in an environment powered by the creative energy of others.
We wouldn’t be celebrating this birthday without the support of my mentors who for years encouraged me to take that shot. Thanks also go to our clients, partners and vendors who continue to believe in the impact our work delivers.
Reflecting on all of the amazing people who supported us along the journey brings to mind a beautiful African proverb:
If you want to go fast, go alone
If you want to go far, go together
The team at SOS is going to continue to think big, have faith, be brave and stay devoted to our chosen path – independent experts who our clients trust to deliver value. I’m so looking forward to all the possibilities the next chapter brings.